Skip to main content

Frazzled

It's been a hectic few days, and I've pretty much been in zombie mode the last 48 hours. I couldn't even muster the strength to comment on anyone's blog while I was at work tonight. This is serious, people!

Earlier today I drove to my daughter's school to pick her up, stood out in the parking lot so she could see me, waited and waited, then realized, "oh, she has girls scouts. She's not coming out." Then I quietly slunk back to my car, hoping no one saw me leave sans child.

Later I went to work. There's a new policy that anyone arriving after 6 p.m. needs a key to get in. Before, a clerk would let you in. I arrived and realized the doors were locked. I walked back to my car to get my phone to call someone to let me in. By the time I reached my car, I realized: "hey, I have a key to get in. I attached it to my key chain two days ago. Duh!"

Yeah, I'm frazzled. But I've got two days off now. And earlier today FOUR card packages arrived in the mail. So I'm going to need that time off to scan and post!

I'm just going to post on one package now because I've got to get some sleep. This package is from Big Brian at Waxaholic. He said he was behind in his trades, which is no problem for me at all. I am, too. But he might be surprised that I'm just getting the cards he sent now.

The postmark on the package reads either January 15 or 18. I can't make it out exactly because there are black scuff marks up and down the package, almost like tire treads. It looks like someone sandpapered my blacktop driveway with it. The thing that kills me is Brian put "Photos" in big black letters on the front of the package.

The important thing is the cards arrived intact. This was an Allen & Ginter trade, and I also received some Dodgers in exchange for some dearly departed Derek Lowes that I sent Brian.

One of the cards he sent was a 1997 Collector's Choice Pedro Astacio, which is perfect for my frazzled state, because that's exactly how I felt every time he took the mound for the Dodgers. I think I threw a block party when the Dodgers traded him to the Rockies. (Jeff Weaver, who signed a minor league deal with the Dodgers, by the way, also made me feel this way).

This was one of the central cards in the trade. And then I went and pulled it in a hobby box of A&G that I bought on New Year's Day. Oh well.

Brian also had some spare A&G minis to send me, which I quickly accepted. If someone has a way to connect these three people, I'd really like to hear it.

Finally, the mini I've wanted the most. This card has great sentimental value to me. And it's quite appropriate five days before Valentine's Day.

Thanks for the cards, Brian! Now I've go to get some slzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ....

Comments

Dinged Corners said…
Sometimes on Wednesday I forget that the kids need to be picked up 90 minutes later than usual. I think this post has reminded me enough so tomorrow I won't forget. Although the Wednesday problem is better than when school lets out early on Friday and we don't realize it's Friday. :( PS Get some rest.
Captain Canuck said…
you're welcome bud. I'm glad the sled dogs finally found your place.

Enjoy the mini's...