Skip to main content

I spell 'vacation' with an A&G

My vacation has officially begun, which means I have time for frivilous things like matching my pretty picture cards against a group of other people's pretty picture cards and then deciding by virtue of a totally random -- and borderline demented -- point system who has the best pretty picture cards in all of the land.

But I'm entirely too tired to do that Gint-a-cuffs thing now. It's been a long week. So I think I'll just start with the box-topper and then start ripping packs manana.

But what could kick things off perfectly is if I get one of those cool N43 cards. Wouldn't that be great? There's one of Manny Ramirez this year. Yeah, yeah, I know. He's a cheater. He's also an ungodly awesome hitter regardless. So give me something I can hang on the basement wall (because someone won't let me put it in the living room).

Oh. I guess there will be no N43 for me.


But there are some cool cabinet cards out there. World Baseball Classic stuff. Founding fathers. I wouldn't mind one of those. Just nothing involving guys standing around in suits. Yeah, nothing featuring guys in suits standing behind a desk watching someone sign something. None of that. ...


 Yeah, like that. I don't want anything like that. It's just a little too boring. A little too 10th-grade history book, a little ... Oh. I guess that's mine, isn't it? Hmmm. I got the guys standing around in suits cabinet card. (8 points).

OK, I realize it's NATO. I know it's a big historical moment. I know it's a concept that remains a key part of world politics today. I know Lester Bowles Pearson won the Nobel Peace Prize. History is cool. It's just not what I was picturing.

And it means I'm not going to end the post like this.

Forget what I said about being tired. Pack one is being revealed right now.

Oh, that's right. It be on. Cover your valuables.

PACK ONE
152 - Phil Coke (-1 for being a bleepin' Yankee). The Ross Ohlendorf of 2009 cards. This is a great way to start.

47 - J.J. Hardy (0 points)
39 - Hanley Ramirez (+2 - favorite player list). Man, my scanning skills suck at 3 in the morning.
291 - Josh Beckett (0 points)

316 - Rick Porcello (SP, +5 points)

AGHS22 - Ken Griffey Jr. sketch card (+3). I find these sketch cards very meh. Could do without them.

#221 - Brandon Webb, black-bordered mini (+3)

NP66 - Joba Chamberlain, National Pride. Bah! (-1)

PACK ONE SCORE: 11 (robbed of 2 points by Yankees)
TOTAL SCORE SO FAR: 19 points

OK, off to bed.

Comments

beardy said…
Not a bad start
Anonymous said…
love that hanley!!