Skip to main content

Rejected

Well, like the pros say, "You can't win 162 games."

I didn't expect to be successful in all of my TTM requests, and I knew that this request in particular might be a bit difficult. But I was still disappointed when my card was returned to me today unsigned.

The envelope to Hideo Nomo arrived back in my mailbox with a bright, yellow "return to sender/unable to forward" sticker. I'm not sure why it happened. The address I received was from a very helpful and veteran TTMer. But I know how these things go.

Oh well. It's not a big deal, even if I dusted the card with baby powder and everything (to remove the gloss -- don't get any funny ideas).

So, if you're keeping score, after three successful TTM tries (Ron Cey, Duke Snider and Fernando Valenzuela), I'm now 3-for-4. Still batting .775, which ain't too shabby.

I still have some requests floating out there, and at least three that I haven't mailed out yet. So I'll keep you posted.

Meanwhile, the Johnny Cueto watch continues. Topps is almost at the 6-week mark in its self-imposed "allow a minimum of 4-6 weeks for delivery" deadline. I'm giving them to the end of the month. Then I wonder what their excuse will be. I'm sure it will have something to do with that word "minimum."

Comments

Anonymous said…
Well, what sucks even more is that there are Johnny Cueto autos in Allen & Ginter that can be hadon eBay rightnow for like $10. Blah.
Twitch said…
Only $10?

Say it sexier.

Only $10?

Sexier.

Only $10...
Anonymous said…
Too bad about Hideo Nomo.

I'm still waiting on my Johnny Cueto redemption, too. As long as I get it before the end of the season, I won't complain... too much. ;)