Skip to main content

What about 300 cards of '91 Donruss will get you ...


It'll get you two cards.

Here they are:


An Archives card of my man Kershaw. With this card, I now have all of the base Archives Dodgers. And I wasn't even trying that hard to get them. That'll tell you how many of each team is in this set.


I know I've seen this cartoon image in the 1980 Topps set. I'm going to spend part of the weekend hunting my collection for this image and then bore you with the details. Prepare for the pending coma.


And one of those 1968 3-D insert thingies of Matt Kemp. I like these a lot. If I was collecting an insert set from Archives, this would be it. They remind a lot of the old Kellogg's cards, right down to the narrower card. And, yes, I'm tilting the card side-to-side as I write this.

So, that's what I got for sending around 300 cards of 1991 Donruss to Chris at Nachos Grande.

Now, before you think I'm complaining about this, just stop right there.

I'm not complaining at all. And this isn't some subtle way of complaining while telling you I'm not complaining.

Chris has traded me plenty of great cards over the years. In fact, he's my No. 1 Kershaw supplier, including autograph cards. He's a Kershaw magnet.

But aside from all that, there's this:

I truly think 300 cards of 1991 Donruss is worth two cards of the greatest players on the Dodgers. I've never been more certain of anything in my life.

In fact, I think 600 cards of '91 Donruss is worth two cards of the greatest players on the Dodgers.

If only I had 600 cards of '91 Donruss to send to Chris.

You should have seen me packing up those '91 Donruss. The joy, the cackling, the exclamations of "FREE! I'M FREE!!!!! BE GONE '91 DONRUSS! BE GONE!!!"

And, off the box went to the post office. I ran out of there so fast before the postal guy behind the counter could say, "Hey, wait. This is 1991 Donruss! We don't accept this here!"

I'm so glad to get rid of those foul, foul, vile cards.

OK, they're not that bad.

But I'm happy not to have them anymore.

So, yes, this is a perfectly even trade. I'd do it again in a second.

In fact ...

I have about 200 other '91 Donruss cards.

Anyone have a Dodger card to offer for them?

I think I can pull just one more fast one on the post office.

Comments

Captain Canuck said…
all I heard is, blah, blah, Kershaw great, blah blah, Kemp!, blah blah, I'm running out of 1991 Donruss.

That, i can help you with. More '91 Donruss on the way bud!!!
Nachos Grande said…
I'm actually scared to open Ginter this year and see just how many Kershaws I pull. You can probably expect two (dozen) or so in the upcoming days.