Skip to main content

C.A.: 1974 Topps Dave Kingman

(Happy "Marooned Without a Compass Day"! Yup, that's what we're celebrating today. Getting marooned. You were expecting something else? Nope. Sorry. That's all. Now get out there and exercise your right to get lost without a compass! It's your duty as an American citizen! Time for Cardboard Appreciation. This is the 164th in a series):


Every Halloween I think I'm going to be clever. I am going to find some card in my collection that will sum up Halloween in all of its ghoulish splendor.

But Halloween comes and goes and I never find that card. I end up either ignoring the holiday on the blog or making some feeble stab at it and then apologizing for it.

Little did I know that I've had the perfect Halloween card in my collection the whole time.

It's this card of Dave Kingman. A spookier baseball card you will not find. The haunted faces in the stands would keep even your most hardened 6-year-old up at night. Then add that fact that the card is nothing but Halloween colors and I don't know how I missed it.

And it's the GIANTS. It doesn't get more evil then that!

Geez, can we turn back the clock a week so it's Halloween again?

Then again, this card is perfect for today.

It's Election Day you know.

Yup.

The screaming visage to the right of Kingman's left elbow?


That's me.

*sigh*


(please make the politics go away!)

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm excercising my right to send you cards!

A while back you posted on some Topps gold Dodgers from Update I pulled - sending those and some other goodies over. Anything you can send back is appreciated (I moved to Chicago since our last trade)